View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
klopper22

Matt, I am glad yours is cured.

I'm in the process of securing help. I really don't think I can afford NOT to do this.

My doc said today that he wouldn't be comfortable prescribing it, as he never has before and that medicine is specifically for the treatment of mental health issues; he is a general practitioner. They referred me to a psycholigist/psychiatrist.

I contacted them and gave them my info...that I have had SAD all my life, have tried all the SSRI's/benzos to treat it with no success, & that I am at a point where I NEED to get it treated ADEQUATELY once and for all. Having told them that SSRI's have NOT worked, I told them that I have researched Parnate in depth - about 6 solid hours last night just reading and getting feedback from here and the SAD forum (dedicated to SAD )

I told them that Parnate is what I have in mind so they don't draw up treatment plans or begin treating me in a direction not to include that as an option. I said that I am absolutely not opposed to talking about the issues that have been the cumulative thorn in my side, but also that I want whoever my doctor is to be open to prescribing needed medicine with a good track record to assist with it all. The lady assured me that is definitely the case...they have no problem with prescibing medicine.

So, they are going to get back with me on when the appointment is.