View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
It's strange that you mention this because my mother is a christian hardliner and one of her children is an active drug user (my brother) and she knows (he's told her) that he has no issues regarding her knowledge of him using his dope. Parents NEED to understand that drug use is much different than it was when they confronted (if they even did) it in their youth. They're adults, they can handle it, especially when the child in question is pursuing recovery. With that said, you're not my brother, and I you've told us how weird your parents are.

:ghug2
Well, my parents are Quakers. Liberal ones. I was raised Quaker (how often do you hear that?), and the people I grew up around were all pretty hippie-ish. You'd think my parents could handle it. And I think my parents mean well, they just have zero experience with it. They don't even drink, really, let alone do harder drugs. My mom has had the same bottle of wine, corked, since I was about 12. Someone gave it to her. Dad buys a 6-pack of Bud in April when he mows the lawn for the first time, and buys a second one sometime in June, when he finally finishes it off. I can't imagine having beer sitting around the house for more than a night, and even at that it's a 30 pack. I think my parents and I come from different worlds.