View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Cool To Thine Own Self Be True

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Addiction has nothing to do with spirituality. Even I will admit there is value in spirituality.

I write this as I just got an email telling me to turn it all over and relinquish myself to God - to cure everything. Sigh.
well that is a generalized statement and a narrow opinion about addiction.

how does this sound to you Katie: "Addiction has everything to do with spirituality... " -- sounds un-informed to me.

i am an addict Katie, and not only does my addiction have something [not everything lol] to do with spiriuality so does my recovery... so there.... lol

as for turning it "all over to God" to cure everything... well that's also a statement that means not much to a resonable person i would think. i'm a Christian and i have no understanding or belief that God will cure "everything" i turn over to him... thats not how it works. Theres a better plan unfolding then that simplistic idealism.

well, there it is. absolute statements about other people generally and their lives specifically often become infamous and cheap.

i appreciate that you can totally recover with out spiritualty, thats okay for me. it works for you and that is important and worthy. "addiction has nothing to do with YOUR spirituality" is great.

i'm just saying is all...

RR