View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

HF as Bugs pointed out, not every one needs to keep going to AA, I stay sober using AA and can tell you that I felt very much as you do right now when I had about 2 months, then I had a really bad day and darn near relapsed, if I had not called someone in the program I probably would have. Is that to say the same will happen to you? Nope, not at all, we are all different.

I will say this, right after I almost relapsed I got into taking the steps with my sponsor, today I am solid in my sobriety, but that is not to say that tomorrow will be the same for me.

I go to 3 meetings a week now, for 2 reasons, one is to continue to work on my own recovery and the other is to pass on what was freely given to me to others.

I am eternally grateful to those who have stayed in the rooms to pass on to me and others what was so freely given to them by others.

To me a huge part of my recovery and the most rewarding part of my recovery is working with other alcoholics.

You say you have experienced a miracle, so have I, why not stick around to pass that miracle on to others.

Will you relapse if you quit going to meetings? I have no idea, but I would bet that your odds of relapsing are far less if you do continue to go.

Whether you decide to keep going to meetings or not is up to you, I would strongly suggest you continue to work on your recovery no matter what you do.

For me recovery is being a part of the world, when I was drinking I was not a part of anything.