View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suz10

Suz10 is back and serious this time!

Hi everyone...It has been several months since my last post. Was only vaguely considering getting sober at that time and was, of course, trying to do it alone. I failed miserably and continued my daily drinking (wine and lots of it) mostly at home doing house work. I am the mom of 2 daughters in 5th and 7th grade. The blackouts were getting very regular so I FINALLY faced the fact that I "could" have a "slight" problem with alcohol. Then, I just got fed up and feared losing my husband of 20 years, my children, being arrested, killing or hurting someone while driving drunk. FINALLY, I checked into medical detox for 7 days and it was the absolute BEST thing I have ever done. I have been sober since March 18th. A very humbling day for me. I am entering an intensive outpatient program M-Th 9-12 for 6 weeks and have not missed a day of AA since I got out of detox.
I am so thankful to be sober. Also thankful for the meds to help curb the cravings, etc... I just found a sponsor and am begining to work the steps. I am so excited about the future. It feels SO good to be completely honest about my alcoholism. I am an alcoholic and will always be but with AA and lots of work I plan to live a life of sobriety one day at a time.
Just wanted to say I'm back and look forward to the wonderful support available on this site. Thanks for letting me share!!