View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

Well good luck on your 4 days sober and your new program. I hope it works well for you.

To answer your question, I'm referring to people who have been coming here for years and keep relapsing, but don't want to work a program because nothing suits them. They keep trying to find a program that works for them, but haven't found it yet. I guess if it is okay for them, it shouldn't matter to me. However, my belief is that we give back.

I'm not here to harass anyone, just trying to move someone along who keeps taking one step forward and two steps back. I really don't feel I need to ask them what there program is because it seems to me, if one keeps relapsing, their way isn't working.

Speaking for myself, my happiness is contingent on my sobriety 100%. I suffer from debilitating anxiety and depression which alcohol fuels . I take medication for it to keep it in check. If I drink, my meds don't work. That is what I have learned. I've emerged from a world of misery into a world where I now know contentment. I never thought it was possible, bit it is. Even for this hopeless drunk.