View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

There are two (maybe more) ongoing threads on the board right now that are basically rants about how frustrating it is that some people will not conform or surrender to "The" Program. Whatever...
Right, whatever, but I've noticed that the secular gang feel free to drop off their sarcasm and negative comments and leave, on other alcoholism forums. They are usually a couple of one liners and really don't share anything the pertains to a sobering experience in their own life. I think experience is the best kind of help. If someone enters into the secular post to offer their experience and opinion, they are attacked and chastised for invading their safe zone. Honestly, the ones I see talking about AA the most, in the secular form, are the ones claiming that they will only post in the secular forum.

I find that a bit odd, but one thing for certain. I know I'm not welcome because I'm labeled as AA and having nothing of good use to say. The fact of the matter is, I haven't attended AA in years. I don't try to conform anyone into recovery. I could care less what they choose.

What does bother me are the same people not using a program and not happy with their life because they still aren't sober. I guess the answer is to just let them be instead of trying to nudge them out of their rut. I really don't know what the answer is any more. So for now, I will stick with those who want help. The others, I guess will find their own way, or not.