View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Daisy30
I'm growing

I am in a similar situation (I have three little ones ). I have been seperated from AH for a few months. AH is not allowed to be alone with the children PERIOD. He is also not Alowed to drive with the children in the car (this has been in place fpr a few years).

Does my AH hate these boundries/rules??......yes! Do I know my kids are safe?.....yes!

I told him that if he wants to see them, I will be there or he can have his parents be there (I trust them).

He has fought me on this and he still does....BUT it is a HUGE wake up call for him. I refuse to bend on this. He knows that I will allow him to have them alone until he has a good amount of recovery and sobriety under his belt.

Think about it this way: Would you leave your kids with a babysitter who was known for getting drunk on the job??

I think you just need to hold your ground on this one. Tell him that you cannot put the kids in danger. He will try everything and promise you the moon........you have to ignore all that and do what you know is right for your little ones.