View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I wanted a place to post random feel-good stories of any sort. Please share anything you'd like!

I had lunch a couple weeks ago with three girls I went to college with, the first time around. I've known them for about 10 years. I shared a room with one of them for 2 years. If you ever want to really know someone, live in a 10x10 space with them for that long. If you don't murder each other, you'll never stop being friends.

I was really worried about it because I felt like I would be completely and totally lying if I did not tell them about my drug issues. These girls are the sweetest, most straight-laced people I know, and I wasn't sure how they would react. And it was great. They asked me questions like what kind of drugs I had done, why I started, why I quit, etc. And then it was like, "OK. We're glad you told us. And we understand why you were nervous about it, but we love you and want you to be better. And if you don't email or call or post on Facebook every day, we will drive to your house and annoy you. And don't think the 5 hour drive will deter us." And when they didn't hear from me yesterday? My inbox was full, and my voicemail overflowing with concerns for my well-being. I haven't felt so loved in a long time.
Aww, that is so nice I am glad that taking this risk turned out well for you. It sounds like you have some nice friends there.