Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I actually had a really disturbing nightmare repeatedly, about 3 or 4 times per year from ages 6 to maybe 13 or 14. I'd be walking with my mom in a building and she'd fall through the floor into some giant turning cog wheels. Yeah, disturbing. But I've never had any other recurring dreams and those finally, thankfully, went away. I never mentioned them to anyone until several years after they stopped, either.

I'm no professional dream interpreter but I've heard water in dreams, and your reaction to it, often refer to sexuality. There are a few dream websites around. An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation is one of my favorites. I really don't know how much stock to put in that sort of thing, kinda seems like asking a Magic 8-Ball for advice, but it still might be interesting for you to check it out. I almost never remember my dreams, and when I do they're usually kind of disturbing. I rarely have pleasant dreams that I remember.
Thanks, that is an interesting site. According to it water denotes the following:

To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.
What I get out of this is that I better move to a place with water!