Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I absolutely do take my dreams seriously! Over the years I've learned my subconscious mind is trying to tell me something I'm missing or not understanding when I'm awake.

There's a really good book "Dream Power" by Ann Faraday ( I think that's the author) you can find on Amazon or eBay. It's been out since the early 70's. She talks about how the mind dreams in puns and metaphors. Everyone will have some different iconography due to personal experiences and cultures.

I still laugh over a dream I had about my cat being covered in ice. I couldn't think what that possibly meant! Drove me crazy all day. Finally, I was telling my best friend about it and it hit me: I had a GYN appointment scheduled! LOL I am not a crude person by any stretch but the dream was to the point!

Could the bodies of water mean something special to you? A rebirth? Drowning?

Love,

Lenina
Thanks, I should check that book out. What I take from mine is this - my mind is giving me relief. This is how I deal with living in the desert. Or, my mind is trying to tell me to move to a place with water.

I am not quite making the connection with your cat and an OB-GYN appointment, but works for me