Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
If you think you have a year to live, honestly, is this how you want to spend it? Tied up in the red tape of a lawsuit against the last of the many rehabs that "failed" to get you sober?

All I'm saying is... 1.check out the statute of limitations. 2.Get yourself sober. 3. Once sober, go after them with your faculties intact... bc they ain't right now.

Your credibility will be nil in court. The rehab knows this. There's no way in he11 they'd just give you your money back. They'll tie you up in red tape for as long as possible (which is reeeeeeally long) and meanwhile you're helping them out by upping the odds of the lawsuit outliving YOU.

Get sober. Just do it. Think of the resources you're marshalling to sue the rehab and refocus them on getting well.

Or don't. I am a nurse on a psych unit. I've seen the alternative... it's turning yellow and losing your mind and crapping your pants from the medication they give you for clearing the ammonia from your blood. It's dying in the ugliest ways imaginable. NOBODY thinks they will wind up like that, really, but.. they do.
Thank you, but I am very confused here. First, the rehab didn't "fail" to get me sober. They misrepresented the program to the extent I could not hang with it. That is on them - failure to be honest about things. I was very honest about things and I hate to have to keep repeating myself here.

Second, the year comment was based on the assumption I don't change what I am doing. That is only valid if I continue to drink (although something else could happen like a car accident, etc).

I feel like people (not all) are taking what I say and interpreting it incorrectly. Further, as I mentioned in the OP, this was/is a vent, a rant. If people don't want to read or respond to it, that is fine with me. Honest.