Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
IMO, the only thing IOP is gonna do is physically keep you from drinking for a duration, especially if it's pushing a religious concept as it's model. If you can stay sober w/out being confined, I would suggest going to the SMART meetings and getting a mental health counselor if you don't already have one. I do hope you can get more of your money back. The rehab clearly lied about what they had to offer.
Thank you for listening and understanding DK. I am going to go to the SMART meetings and also do have a therapist. We came up with some ideas the other day. I am going to look into Yoga and also get involved politically. I know that might not seem like much, but both are positive activities that will lead to doing something meaningful (politically - I am a fervent supporter of liberal causes) and also the Yoga might help me settle down.

I know I mentioned this before, but for those who are not aware, there are several people at this rehab contacting their lawyers over what they have discovered was misrepresentation. So I am not alone in this. What I am is way older than the majority of them and I know how to write a decent email.

(((doorknob)))