Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mtnmagic

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Well, had this rehab been upfront with me, I wouldn't be typing what I am typing. Were I to enter another rehab, I would fly there first and check things out for myself and not believe what people tell me over the phone. This is why I went to this other place Tuesday and spent an hour talking with the person to get a feel for things before signing anything.

I do realize my recovery is on me. There is no question about that. But getting ripped off is a separate issue. I can multitask, to a certain extent.
Ok, so do focus on how a recovery center ripped you off. (Believe me, I'm sure it did).

I just got out of one that scared me to death. No med's for horrible alcoholic withdrawals. Feeling horrible, asking to leave and being told I could not then working my way out of it.

So, I ask you. Do I hold on to my resentments? Get even at any costs? They wronged me financially, as well as feeling safe.

Do I move on? It's like one more trauma to my life if I stay there.

So they have your money. How much money have you wasted over the years,
Katie? If it's anything like me, holding on to this current debt is ridiculous.

I want to move on. I want to heal. I have thrown money at things for more then the amount of a failed treatment episode. And yes I just got through this, so I know of which I speak.

Time to move forward and take care of myself. How about you, Katie?