Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

I love it how so many people are doing there best to invalidate other SR members’ concerns and opinions.
Let me try to explain, Katie. It started with the above comments. I don’t agree with it. I think people are simply disagreeing with opinions. Nothing wrong with that. We all are at different stages of recovery. When I say it is about her and not about me, it means this is her recovery, not mine. It is really very simple. No, I’m not a PHD. No surprise there. I am just another alcoholic who has found a way to recovery, one day at a time.

As far as anger goes, anger will destroy an alcoholic. It will kill them dead. I know my anger kept me in the booze. I don’t think it is to far off to think it would do the same with any other alcoholic. You have even recognized that fact here on the boards. Quite honestly, I may have said some things that may not have been welcomed or agreed upon, but I’m not slinging anything to be mean or hurtful. I have read some very curt, rude responses back though. I’m not trying to invalidate or jumping to any conclusions. I have seen all of this before. It is very typical and familiar to me. I've lived it. I am only trying to share my experience with what helped me. And if I may, if a recovery board is causing so much distress, maybe it isn’t the right solution for certain individuals. Me, not stressing. I'm happy, sober and living the good life. That is my choice as it is for each and every one of us. With that, I’m backing out of here to leave you all with your discussion.