View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JenT1968

That's what I'm looking for right now....the answer to that. If my wife is truly sick, if she suffers from a diurnal drop in blood sugar, hypoglycemia, then I want to support and help her, not ask her to leave. She insists she's not drinking, was completely shaken when I asked about the empty bottle and for the last few days has had some severe emotional breakdowns thinking that she is going crazy or thanks to me, is suffering from a neurological disorder.
If I knew I was not drinking but was coming accross as if I was, I would be seriously worried too, and would be hot-footing it to my GP for a referral. Job done. A bonus for that would be that my partner wouldn't feel they had to ask a bunch of random internet people who've never met me whether I was drinking or if it was some srious nerve/brain damage.

Perhaps you could suggest she goes to a GP, given the behaviour, and then let it go....

do you need to know either way right now, or could you wait and see what pattern emerges, how her behaviour pans out in the next couple of weeks?

that might give you and your gut a better chance for the truth to unfold.