View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 02:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
spikedaball

Originally Posted by EnoughisEnough7 View Post
SITUATION:
1- Someone truly sick, stressed, tired, disoriented or confused AND sober - appropriate reaction - support and compassion.
2- Someone disoriented and confused due to ongoing abusive drinking by an alcoholic - appropriate reaction - Moving on with your life without the alcoholic in it. Sobriety for at least a year before any consideration of a renewed relationship.
PROBLEM: Easy decisions if you know the truth but we often don't know if we are dealing with situation 1 or 2.
and spend fewer years living unhappily in the land of uncertainty.
This is exactly my thinking when I posted this question!! That's what I'm looking for right now....the answer to that. If my wife is truly sick, if she suffers from a diurnal drop in blood sugar, hypoglycemia, then I want to support and help her, not ask her to leave. She insists she's not drinking, was completely shaken when I asked about the empty bottle and for the last few days has had some severe emotional breakdowns thinking that she is going crazy or thanks to me, is suffering from a neurological disorder.

She was willing to be breathalyzed at the counselors office because she "knew" that she hadn't been drinking. So, she should feel the same about being checked at home. And when I get the breathalzyer and ask her to use it, I WILL KNOW!