View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

fwiw, I didn't realise others were seeing terminally unique as an AA thing something akin to dry drunk. I'm not in AA, never been in AA, so that connection passed me by a little.

I do know, from my own experience, that one can feel so unique, so weighed down with their individual hell, that they miss opportunities to recover, or they discount the experience of other alcoholics as non applicable. I did that. Lots.

Whether or not others feel it's a valid concept or not is up to them.

I've enjoyed my time here in Secular, but so much time lately seems to be taken up with AA, that it's no longer beneficial to my recovery to be here.

I'm not AA - I made that choice - I don't see why I have to read endless, and negative, discussion about something I'm not interested in.

Noone here at SR is evil. We all want to help. If someone thinks the solution to my problem is AA, so what? Smile, be polite and move on with your own journey.

I've seen talk here about intimidation, but I've also seen people from here parachuting into the 12 step forum, guns blazing.

I used to do that. I realised it wasn't for anyones good but my own. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Its not just that tho.

I also realise that, altho God was not part of my recovery, being a believer is part of my life now and I feel increasingly uncomfortable here.

It never used to be that way - this was the catch all forum for the free thinkers who didn't fit in anywhere else - AA or not, anything goes....

but I guess things change...and this is the Secular forum LOL

I have no resentments or rancour. You have your journeys as I have mine. I wish you all well

See ya around

D