View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Hello, folks.

I’m not sure what particular threads or posts in the Secular section this thread is in regards to. I’ll venture a guess and say that it might refer to the “I will only…” thread.

One of the threads I started in the Newcomers section got way out of hand and I asked a mod too late to shut it down. I should have asked sooner--that’s my fault. I wrongly assumed one would see it and close it.

I know I’m not special here, but I’m wondering if my thread was the catalyst for spin-off threads, one of which I’ve read (and not posted to) in which I find some comments to be offensive (I know others disagree…it’s all a matter of opinion). I think that the “I will only…” thread was a way for people to vent, for right or wrong.

It’s frustrating to come here and be criticized for not following someone else’s method or opinions of recovery. Anytime I or someone else voice concerns that are contrary to the majority, it is inevitable that someone comes along and makes accusations that the dissenter is advocating using, or says that the dissenter is in denial, or uses phrases like “terminally unique” and “dry drunk”, or implies strongly that the person who dissents is going to die, and the list goes on. It is tiresome. I really dread coming to SR sometimes because of this. When this happens, I feel the need to defend and then everything gets really messy.