View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

There was a time several years ago here when some terrible members from Rational Recovery came through here and tore the place apart. It really drove me out of my mind. It was so distressing I would be in tears by the end of the night. There were many members who couldn't take it and quit due to the constant harassment. These members were very cruel and very disruptive and wouldn't leave anyone alone. The owners at that time allowed it to continue for a long time.

I had to learn to tolerate it and couldn't really say anything. At the time I had no say. I finally learned tolerance and learned to look at how they might feel from their point of view. They were actually here to cause a lot of problems, but I learned a lesson through it all. That lesson is what allowed me look at the secular members here and see that they had no safe place to post. That lesson is what had me convince others here that a secular forum would work. I took full responsibility for the forum and worked hard to see that it was successful. It wasn't easy.

Those RR trolls were my first contact with secular recovery. If I had continued to bash and resent RR and secular recovery for all the damage they caused and not get past it there probably wouldn't be a secular forum here. I really had to work hard to get through my resentments. Holding onto resentments only hurts me and in this case it would have hurt the secular members here also.

I'm not asking anyone to do what I haven't done myself. I still don't have a place here to express my beliefs. The first time I tried was this week and the thread got closed, lol.
I would consider you fortunate to have this forum. I wish I had one, but I would be the only person posting on it.