View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katie09

An interesting day

I live in a city (I say that loosely) of 5 million people or so. Today was weird. If I were in AA, I would say it's a God shot, but I think it's just a small world.

Anyway, went to the treatment center. I was given a tour by the president of the center. Hmm, good sign. Turns out he knows my psychiatrist. Then I had a mini intervention of sorts, when my GF (who sees the same therapist I do) wanted to include me in part of her session to discuss her concerns over me. No, there was no letter and it wasn't a set up, but it felt like an intervention. Then, the strangest thing of all was when I went to a SMART meeting and this woman I know from AA was there. Have not seen her for years. It was in a recovery home. Turns out she relapsed and has been in jail twice, detox once, and had her kids taken away by CPS - she is the cutest thing and you'd never know all of this by looking at her.

Anyway, I drove home really grateful for where I am and that I am as intact as I am and vowed I won't drink again. Just wanted to share...