View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BohemiMamaof3

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Bohemimamaof3 Lying is one of the worst things that comes along with drug addiction. They seem to go hand in hand, like peanut butter and Jelly. Or pancakes and syrup. Not sure if the person is a liar first, or an addict first, but either way they can both be put in check if the person is willing to change. I know for me, I couldn't stand the lack of trust, when it came to my Ason. It's the one thing that really sent me over the edge.
I hear ya! My Abrother, to the best of my recollection always had a lying problem. And he does tell the grandiose kind of lies - that make him look good, but he has also told them and made others (good people that were trying to help him) look bad. He says he owned a business, worked at a specific places, all lies. He once invented a total history as part of an out-patient program he was in where they had to write their biography. He didn't include our dad & mom and me in the bio, but made my hubby his brother, and had this whole story about them growing up without parents in another big city where he had never lived. His friend that was helping him most recently said "He made me care about these (invented) people!" He invented the daughter (gave her the same name as my dd) and her mom in the Philippines. He showed him pictures. Ugh and ewww where did he get them? It makes me feel so icky and sad. He really fits into all the traits that link to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder site has listed.

My mother used to say, she could stand a thief, but she couldn't stand a liar.
Mine says that too!

Pray for your brother, to wake up, and live his life right. Miracles happen every day. Peace
I do! And I have seen miracles happen in other situations. Sometimes it's just so difficult with him, and the same old stuff, year after year. "Lord, help thou my unbelief!"