View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Troubledone

silly question, but I gotta ask...

I think I know the answer to this, but looking for validation

My niece just got served with the charge of evading an officer that landed her in jail (for probation violation) for the past 8 months. Its a new felony.

She tells me today that her boyfriend (pathological liar in my book) said he was meeting with the Federal judge downtown to get the chages dismissed (don't fall off your chair laughing).

Anyway, this is the same guy who told her for the past 8 months that he was getting her previous felonies erased because of his connections with the judge and the narcotics detectives (I know, you're dying laughing now). Yes, you guessed it, it never happened and she figured out he can't do that.

The problem - she believes him - that he is getting this charge dropped.

Question - do I let it go (probably the answer), hint that he hasn't been able to do this in the past (nor has he even been able to get his suspended drivers' license back), or do I outline the 500 lies that he has told her over the past year to knock some sense in her head.

I'm guessing that hope, even of this dilusional type, is easier for her to accept than the fact that her choices are catching up with her big time.

Thougths?