Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

If you've been coming to recovery boards for any length of time, you will see that none of this is new. The bickering is always there, you are just now experiencing it. There will always be those who don't agree or share the same opinions and there will be those who like to push buttons. Some like to try to convince others to come to the other side because their way is the only way, right way.

There are those who like to bounce in just to create trouble and there are those who genuinely want to help. There are those who want to get sober, but aren't willing to do anything about it, but complain that nothing is working for them, but aren't ready to commit to making a change. You wrap that all together and there is bound to be tension.

It isn't all bad. There is also the times where you will feel connected and will develop a friendship and bond that is invaluable. I have been through all of this over the years. I have found that through my recovery, my opinions have changed. The belief that I was willing to fight for years ago, I no longer share. So, I try to keep to sharing my experience and pick and choose my battles. The aruging can be pointless and exhausting. What may be new to one person, a first time discussion, may be old and rehashed to another.

We all are at varying degrees in our recovery. Keep posting and this to shall pass. The bad air seems to run in cycles and to be quite honest, I have seen things get much worse than this. Luckily, it passes. I'm grateful that I have a place to come and share, a place I'm reminded why I don't/can't drink. I wish I had found this years before I actually had. There can't always be harmony, although that would be ideal. People are fickle and hard headed at times. At least, I know I can be. Haha... The good news is, I've come a long ways and hope to grow more.