View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Don't Want A Stone Heart

I have always been a very compassionate person. At the age of 5 I knew I wanted to be a nurse, and at the age of 14 I started volunteer work.
This business with my son's ex has me in a tail spin. He got back last night at 9:15pm. He took her to the rehab and they admitted her into the detox unit. It was a very upsetting experience for him. Both of them were crying as she was admitted. He is very glad he helped her as he really believes she has reached her bottom.
I am just an angry, angry at her for calling him, angry at him for saying yes, and angry with myself...................for helping, then for feeling like I do about helping. I don't want to be involved with any of this but it is like impossible not to be. Jim & I have been helping Chris since he became a single parent. I am very involved with my 2 little grandsons as I see them everyday & have been the only mother figure in their lives for the last 31/2 yrs. I want to feel compassionate toward her but I guess I am too afriad of what she will do to my son and the boys if she is allowed back into their lives.
This is not a good place for me to be. I wish I could just uninvolve myself from the whole situation but I don't see how.
I finally had a few hours alone and need more time to just be alone and get back in touch with me. So what did I go and do, invite my parents for dinner. I think it was a big mistake as I cannot tell them what just went on with Erica, and the way I feel today I know they will know something is bothering me. If I could I would tell them to take a rain check for another day, I feel I need some time alone, to kind of lick my wounds & heal myself.
This has been a very bad week for me with both my sons. That letter I wrote Joey still is not mailed.