View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
cessy68

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Welcome to SR!
I abused pills, but didn't get "addicted"...put them down, didn't crave them, had no withdrawals, etc. Crack, if I use it once, it will stay on my mind, and will be all I think about, until I get some more. The people I know who are addicted to pills are the exact opposite...they want the pills, can use the crack "occasionally", but they are really wanting more pills.
FYI.... adding to what amy said... (hey amy!! )

The pain pill withdrawl... and cycle of addiction - is relentless. I believe... (not sure) crack is similar to coke (in what the kind of high is like.... meaning what brain chemicals are affected...)

My abf used to do coke. Can put it down. take it or leave it.

Pills?? Whooo. NOPE. I watched him detox here in our home, in the beginning of january. He asked me to 'help' him on day 2, because he couldn't even hold a glass to his mouth to sip water in bed because he was in so much pain. After day 5 he was getting back to 'normal'.

He admitted how much he needed the pills.. and how he ended up with a routine --- constantly surrounding NEEDING the pills. Going in the a.m... takeing 10 or so... then the evening around 7pm.. takeing about 6-10 pills, knowing that would be enough to get him through to the next day.

He said how aweful it was, having to take more and more and more. At this point in the addiction, just to keep the withdrawl away, (the depression, the anxiety, the aches, the sadness...)

He is back on them. (when he decides he wishes to talk about it) he tells me it started again, because when he was really anxious, depressed one day he said - "i'll just do one."..... then it starts all over again. As soon as the body gets it.... it needs it. It shuts down your whole nervous system. It's just plain ol evil.

Just a glimpse of what i've seen............... theres tons more i've seen, but hey--- this is enough. I want to vomit.

love,
cess