Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Sara9009
Eclectics Anonymous

Katie,

Did you check out or call the rehab facility that Sfgirl posted a few pages back? I called and spoke to them and my post about the conversation is a few pages back as well. They are devoted to a client-centered therapy and have LifeRing and Smart Meetings it sounded amazing and if I had the money I would like to go there just to learn some new tools. Hell, I might want to vacation there.

I am not sure if you are still drinking but if you are please, please be careful mixing your medication with alcohol. It can be fatal, my husband said some nights he would stay awake because my breathing was so bad. It also decreases the medications effectiveness. I always thought the latter was BS until I stopped drinking and my medication started working again. Go figure, I guess one of those have to figure it out yourself things.

I am glad the cleaning crew is coming on Saturday. I know how easy it is to let "chores" go and then one day you are staring at a huge mess going "WTF, how am I going to clean this up and where do I even begin." Ironically, I always kept my kitchen and bathroom spotless but let my laundry clutter to the sky and boxes from move after move unpacked. I am still in the process of trying to sort it all out.

I am really glad you are going to spend some time with Jowinbo. I also mentioned before that my sister lives in the same general area but she is heavy into AA. She is also the kind of person that with all her faults will adopt someone and hold there hand through recovery so if you want I can contact her. I know you said no AA and I am not a Member or advocating just putting the offer out there if you really need a sober friend.

Last edited by Sara9009; 03-19-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typing extraordinaire today