Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
I disagree— for some reason I feel like you are seeing things as limited options. I feel like there are a hell of a lot of options for getting sober.

There are more types of therapies and therapists than I can count. There are a number a pharmacological therapies available as well. I could list them, or put links, but I am unwilling to put forth that effort if it will fall on deaf ears. I have been doing a lot of research lately and there are tons of different methods at play and being researched by both the scientific community and the government which is actually quite concerned with substance abuse issues.

Reality is often an issue of perspective and right now you seem to be seeing a very limited view of it.
Right. Campral, Naltrexone, Revia, all of the anti-depressants I've been on. CBT, DBT, etc. Pulease do NOT judge a person until you have walked in his/her footsteps. I read as well. I had a shrink in SF on California Street. Look, I know you have some great stuff to say, but I really don't need people accusing me of making excuses, not trying hard enough, not doing the research, etc. Thanks for your post.