View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Puddy

Cool, hey listen - I never told anyone to jump off their benzos. I don't even think I gave medical advice so much as advocated a holistic lifestyle for people in recovery, particularly people with psych problems. Any drug is a band aid to take care of current symptoms only, I think we can all agree on that. And with the television commercials every day, I think we can all agree that the pharmaceutical industry is pretty out of control.

It's also a fact that the average Dr has a whole whopping one 8 hour training session on addiction, and that the only info he or she has on the medications they prescribe is provided by the pharmaceutical companies. With all the new meds on the scene every month, they can't possibly keep up with them.

I didn't really give out any advice that you wouldn't hear from a naturopathic doctor. Or, from a regular doctor that truly understands addictive disease and alcoholism.

As far as words having the power to kill, I know what you mean - I've experienced that in full.

But I luv ya all