View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

I told them they almost killed me dead,
Sharing your own ESH is most welcome. Any time.
BTW, ESH is Experience, strength and Hope for the poster who asked.
and not to call yourself sober if you are on them.
That's your OPINION. And it's those types of opinions that caused my son to try to commit suicide. Have you read your AA liturature on medicine?

I no longer need any med.
I'm very happy for you. I'm sure we all are.

I know for a fact severe anxiety and depression is treatable with Kundalini Yoga and a strong AA program.
You know for a fact it worked for YOU!
And I honestly hope it continues to work.
Without these, I would be very dead.
And without their prescribed medications, others would be very dead. Too many ARE already. Would you care to hear about the multiple times my son has tried to commit suicide? Sadly, it's more often than I can remember. But, his untreated bipolar condition is the root cause of his heroin addiction. Self medication. And too often people tell him he's "not really clean" if he takes medication!
THAT bs is what is killing my son!
If you're not a doctor, stop dispensing medical information. And if you *are* a doctor, it is unethical for you to dispense medical advice over the internet to strangers.

Thanks, but I am trying to save lives here.
You are a member of SR. Sharing your ESH is what we do here. Predicting the future is impossible. And fearmongering is unwelcome.

I wish you all happiness, healthiness,
And I wish you the same.

and above all, true sobriety.
Read your AA literature then. Cuz the founders and since have recognized the validity of and the necessity of medication taken as needed and as prescribed. Learn the facts first. Your words have power to HURT people -- even to kill them.

EDIT - Barto's posting on the AA literature was the information I was about to go looking for to post. Thanks Barto!
NB - #3 AA members do not play doctor!

Shalom!