Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Hi Prod,

I work for the government in the UK as a civil servant in finance, job security in this area is very good, I am applying for a new job as we speak.

From my understanding, certain industries are struggling while others are doing good, i.e. in the UK, accountants, health centres/exercise centres are doing well and memberships are up, debt collection, telecommunications, breweries pubs resturants, IT and electronics are industries that are on the up, but retail is down.

Economic downturn literally means that the flow of money is changing. Money has to flow in business otherwise, well we all know that one - they close up shop. However certain areas are a gaurentee for employment, i.e. in the UK we are crying out for teachers, nurses and doctors having to close the gap by employing people from abroad. Certain industries are benefitting from the room left behind from large companies who have dominated the scene, as a whole, the world is reconstructing itself. I see this period as a time of change and world growth, rather than a negativity.

Take a look at which industries are up on shares on wall street which is an indication of how the business is growing. These industries are most likely those who are recruiting.

I would also take advantage of your soon to have, new qualification and get yourself in with some Agency companies/employment agencies who will sell your CV to their clients on your behalf, they will be searching for a job for you without you having to, you can also upload your CV onto the net for this purpose too.

Good luck Prod!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx