View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
scarlati

Please respect others ESH just as you would like yours respected.
Sorry, but what's ESH?

As for the OP, I am glad to hear that you've been seeing a therapist. I think that's a good first step. But if that's not getting the job done, some meds might be in order.

I've taken Lexapro, an SSRI, and am currently on Buspar. The Lexapro worked really well for the anxiety but the side effects were pretty miserable. So my doc switched me to Buspar. He told me the side effects weren't as bad as SSRIs, but that it's success rate wasn't as good. He was saying that, basically, Buspar doesn't do anything for a lot of the people that try it. Fortunately for me, I'm one of the lucky ones. For me, Buspar works just as well as Lexapro and has no side effects at all. The key words here are "For me."

Also, there's a lot to be said for the natural relaxation stuff. Yoga, tai chi, meditation, running and healthy eating have definitely helped me a lot. So whether or not you try some meds, you should really get into some of that stuff. Finding something relaxing you can do every day will likely be beneficial. For me it's not a substitute for meds, but it's a nice suppliment.