View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by Puddy View Post

I know for a fact severe anxiety and depression is treatable with Kundalini Yoga and a strong AA program. Without these, I would be very dead.

I know for a fact that the benzos will stop working one day and you will be in a world of hell.

Google Ashton Manual and read it.

Thanks, but I am trying to save lives here. I wish you all happiness, healthiness, and above all, true sobriety.
Are you a psychiatrist, psychologist, MD, or just a layperson with an opinion. Facts are things that can be proven not just a persons experience and opinion. What you consider a 'fact" is obviously just your opinion and possibly that of the book you preach about. That does not make it a true fact. It is "facts" like yours that cause people to not seek treatment or stop treating their mental illness'. A chemical imbalance can not be cured by simply meditating. You obviously have no clue what a chemical imbalance is and how it relates to severe anxiety. The chemical imbalance is not my opinion, theory, or "fact". It is a medically documented fact. I respect your right to your opinion but please stop trying to pass it off as the only way and as a fact. It is your experience and opinion but that does not mean that it is going to be everyone's experience or opinion.

I too am trying to save lives as well and know from experience that your opinion can be deadly. Best of luck to you.