Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
KindBird

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I really don't tell people about SR. Even when I think they might benefit from it, I feel like I don't want my "real-life" friends on here. Is that bad?

It might just be a habit I picked up while doing drugs (and therefore had lots to hide). I no longer wear my heart on my sleeve as much and don't tend to give people as much info as I used to. Sadly I must admit I became a pretty accomplished liar as well, as well as quite an artist when it comes to half truths and misinformation. Part of my recovery has been trying to kick the habit of lying. Its not even that I need to lie now, I just feel like I don't want people to know much about me and its kind of silly.
Is that bad? - Not bad - totally understandable.. And I think it is good to have the skill to know who you want to reveal your heart to and who you don't. Fortunately I was with a really trustworthy friend.. hopefully won't backfire.

I had a really big part of my life telling half truths.. and it really served me at the time.. At some point it became more trouble than it was worth and I consciously let go of it. I was such an accomplished lier I thought it was a bit of a waste when I decided to stop - could have pulled off some real good scams.. but retired those skills at some point for my own inner peace.
:ghug3