View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Venting and being proud of myself

I am house/dog sitting for a couple of people from my parents' church. They told me I was welcome to have friends over if I would like, because really, who wants to spend 4 days alone with a dog? I mean she's a good dog and all, but really.

I invited a friend (M) over, and I know she takes Loritabs recreationally. So when I told her she was welcome to come over and hang out, I specified there was to be no drugs or anything illegal at all. Later on she asked if it would be ok to invite another friend over (Z), who is flat-out addicted to Loritabs, and I again emphasized no drugs would be allowed. Not only am I trying to get all that out of my life, but this is not my house and I don't want a bunch of people over here high. M *likes* Z, and for this reason she supplies drugs to him by stealing them from her parents. She seems to think he likes her, but as far as I can tell he only is willing to be around her if she has pills.

Now for the fun part: she has spent the last 3 months telling me I am an idiot for buying drugs for my exBF, that I was enabling him, etc. All this is true, but I have been berated by someone doing exactly the same thing she was berating me about.

M invited Z over, we hung out for a while, they had some beer, and then, lo and behold, M opened a bottle of Loritabs and handed Z 4 of them. They had been planning on sleeping here since they were both drunk at this point, but I told them if they took the pills I would ask them to leave. They said "You wouldn't ask 2 drunks to drive home," and took the pills. I told them to pack up their bedding and belongings and leave. Then I had to make that decision stick, but it finally worked and they stumbled out the door and drove off (and for the record I told them they were welcome to sleep in the driveway; it was completely their choice to drive home drunk. But I feel like if they got DUI charges I would laugh at them, right to their faces).

I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I basically no longer have any friends in town so that kinda sucks but oh well I guess. M seems to think I'm mad that she broke plans with me so she could continue doing drugs with Z. Honestly, I don't care about the plans. I can sit and watch movies with her, or with the dog, and it does not really change my night significantly (in fact, if I don't have to hear her rather obnoxious voice, my evening is improved). I am furious that she ignored me when I told her I did not want drugs in the house (she never passed the message along to him, but I did warn him before he took the pills), and highly annoyed that she tried to turn it into my fault, among other things.

Going to make a sandwich and watch my movie now. I feel a lot better for having kicked them both out.