Thread: doorknob
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Yeah DK does do some great posts and is a warrior for the non-religious community here which spices things up! He does actually make good arguments and backs up what he says as opposed to not believing with the passion and fanatacism of an actual believer!

Anyways note to anyone travelling to England, ffs do not go on about doorknobs. If you say to someone 'The key to sobriety is grasping hold of the doorknob and giving it a good twist, this will be the key action to your release' will only result in the persons you are saying this too rolling on the floor. I know US have a different sense of humour but, with my English mentality, I can't help but smile. I honestly hope DK that i end up going to an AA meeting here in Spain and they start telling me about doorknobs, i will rush here to tell you all about it:-)

Thanks liveweyerd for a great thread, it's nice to have a smile whilst keeping sober! I totally understand the metaphor of the door handle and it puts it into pretty simple terms what we can do with it.