Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
gerryP

That's an interesting take on things Zencat.

I consider myself to be a compassionate person and I don't believe that my comments regarding the circumstances with katie show a lack of compassion, in fact I don't think this has anything really much to do with compassion.

The facts are the facts and being honest about the situation would in my opinion show greater respect to Katie if she is willing to listen and consider them. There is a time for everything, but continually stroking her and falsely leading her to believe that she is doing all she can is unfair to her.

I think we all know one member who has gone to the ends of the earth to get help and would give her right arm for 1/2 of what Katie had available to her. This brave and unbeatable person deserves compassion as I think you mean "compassion" Not giving all you can to quit drinking when you SAY you do and string yourself and everyone along and bail at every turn before giving anything an honest go ...where does "compassion" come in?

If you don't like something I've said, you can be straight and disagree with me. Playing a game in stating "Oops, I gave Gerry a thanks and didn't mean to" isn't necessary and is an example of what I'm talking about.