Old 03-14-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sara9009
Eclectics Anonymous

I am jumping ahead w/o reading the rest of the thread so sorry if someone already addressed this. Anyhow, I called and it is $1250 (semi-private) a day and they do center the program more around your needs. It sounds a lot like they use Rogerian Therapy which is a more client-centered approach to recovery. It's the form of Psychology I studied under when getting my Psych Degree. In a nut shell you find your own best way and are not influenced to take a certain direction by your treatment team but are guided to find your own best path.

I am sorry that the rehab facility isn't working out. Honestly, I would be pretty upset if I shelled out all of that money and found out I was given the bait and switch. That's really isn't "cool" at all. I know you haven't had a long seperation from your alcohol abuse but are you feeling any better or is the treatment facility problems just making it worse?

Also from their website:

The typical day consists of morning check in group, Education sessions, Group Therapy, Individual Therapy, Yoga, Tai Chi or Chi Gung , Therapeutic Massage or Acupuncture, Sober Fun Activities, a meeting at the gym with the personal trainer, an outside self help support group meeting, and other therapeutic activities.

There are also weekly "Creative Therapy Activities" such as a Sweat Lodge Ceremony, an intensive session of Psycho-Drama, Biofeedback, creative art therapy, or a day of Equine-Assisted Therapy with nationally renowned therapist Wyatt Webb.

In the evenings clients will attend self-help support group meetings, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, SMART Recovery, or LifeRing.

I grew up in Phoenix and my sister is a recovering addict. She is hard-wired to the absolute gills about AA though even though she isn't an alcoholic but a meth/heroin user. You can't even talk to her about other treatment programs without her having a meltdown.

During the Summer everyone definitely stays inside with the heat but there is a ton of great things to do if you want some suggestions for the area to help you get focused on more positive activities.

Last edited by Sara9009; 03-14-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added