Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
Call me crazy, but why don't you accept that this is where you are at, and try to reap some benefit from being in a rehab center? Aren't you better then you were "at home"? Why don't you have an OPEN MIND and see if there might be something (other than the AA meetings) that you can gain out of being there that might help you with your addiction? You are spending a lot of energy fighting this situation tooth and nail, and I respectfully say that possibly that energy could be used in a more productive way. I mean, it doesn't sound like you will be getting your money back..why not see if you can find something positive out of this? I believe it's called "willingness"

Karen
And I believe it's called $13K for a giant AA deal, which I can get for $1 two miles from my house. You should see the schedule they came up with - 9 more therapy sessions, a couple (maybe) more shrink visits, a few groups, a few support groups, 5 day a week "meditations" that are nothing more than reading one page of a Hazelden book and giving one's opinion. $13K. I don't think so. I can do the math. At home 9 therapy visits cost me $135. Two shrink visits are $30. Support groups are free. BTW, I think I'll be getting most of it back. I expect to pay no more than $2000 for sitting in a small apt for 3.5 days. These days have been worthless. What a deal.