Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I don't see this as derailing you recovery. I see this as getting out of a situation where you were gonna have the 12 Step religion forced on you day in and day out for a huge sum of money. I do hope you continue with your sobriety and figure out what you need to do to stay on track for the long haul. Any place you go for treatment, unless it is in your hometown, you will bond with people in your group and then be on your own when you leave. There are several of us here that use SR as our main support system and see therapists one on one for counseling. Some because they like it that way and some (like myself) because we have little f2f options. It can be done though.
Thanks doorknob. I confess all this has pretty much made me very tired. I need to clean this place up, but just don't have the energy. I think if I get up at 7 tomorrow it will be ok. I never unpacked (hmmm) and so it was very easy to get things together. I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed. My cat isn't happy here and I'm not happy when he wakes me up several times a night due to this small place.

I do agree that any place out of state will present the problem you mention. I guess I'll just get by with the SMART meetings, SR, my therapist, and maybe a new psychiatrist - maybe not. I'm starting to think I really need help with the driving phobia, as it's limited my life so much. I need to get out of Phoenix, but even the thought of being able to investigate a new city is more than I can handle, due to the driving thing.