Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

Well, I"m glad you got your refund and hopefully you will find a place that isn't 12 step. I hated to see this thread turn into the dreaded 12 step treatment place that lied to you and deceived you. You knew fully well, when entering, it was 12 step program. However, your friend did your bidding for you. I would suggest you take care of things for yourself from here on out. The wheeling and deal into not attending the meetings made no sense and was counterproductive. What would that leave you with?

I hope you don't waste any time finding another place, but I don't feel very optimistic at this point. I was feeling hopeful for you, Katie, but now I feel as if you have manipulated yourself out of getting help and have bought yourself more time to waste drinking. I'm sorry to say, this is very disappointing to read. I think you have made a big mistake, but then again, this is your recovery, not mine. On the other hand, I'm reminded of how conniving alcoholism really is. You seem so triumphant from getting out of rehab. I find it sad to think that you have just derailed an attempt at getting sober.