Old 03-13-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Kate, keep exploring your options in order to heal. If it is within your means seek out another rehab. Maybe do an on site visit before hand (if at all possible) and talk to residents and various staff about the program. Above all keep yourself as safe as possible.

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
Manual of Zen Buddhism
Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki is the one.

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
WOW Zencat...how interesting is that! I took his book Manual of Zen Buddhism to treatment with me (couldn't find my copy of zen mind beginner mind) It was my daily medition and my mainstay for recovery (not sure i used that word right...please correct me grammer/vocab people tee hee).

Yeah I guess why i got so much out of treatment was that I went there with a determination to find a way back to sobriety...with honesty, not fake it till you make it attitude.

I got ALOT out of treatment, but then again, I put a lot into it....
So cool and yes I too put a lot of effort in recovery. As I look back on my rehab experience I see now that I was finding my own path in recovery among those taking the AA way. I worked hard to make my path and the exploration involved invigorated my determinism to make it all work out.