View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dazimae
Paused

Re: Is he or isn't he?

Hi Belle,
I guess all we can do is offer our own stories as we live them, Only you can attest to what you live. There are many types of Aclholics. My AH is like 140 pounds 6'1 he "WAS" a functional alcholic. He never missed a day of work untill just about 6 month ago. I never knew just how much he was drinking because he hid it from me he knew I did not approve. Things got to the point of him sleeping all day not working, He thought he was working he would think about all he had to do and then go to sleep and thought he was making all this money, so of course I was spending it all. He started getting mean and hateful and saying things that he would never say. He could drink 24 beers in one day and still be funsctional. He got very depressed and ended up in the ER He was walking, talking, working, passed 5 sobrity test and his blood level was .31 three times the legal limit. AND remembered everything he said and did, so that was his excuse " If I was drunk I wouldn't remember it" well He has such a HIGH tolerance for alcohol and does not understand the problem with that. IT is truley a progressive disease.
You are not married, take things slow and really think about it, attend Alonon meetings, there are alot of reding materials out there. do as much research as you can. Goos Luck Belle and welcome.