View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Spousal support is NOT enough!!!!!!!

After the last couple of weeks of processing, praying, journaling, and lots and lots of acceptance work - I had begun to be in a much better and healthier place.

My joy, peace and positive outlook were beginning to return and I was truly ready to face my ex in Court on Tuesday (3/17) and not have that fear in my eyes and knot in my gut.

WELL - of course the disease decides to always carry another surprise blow and sucker punch you one more time just when you think it's safe to smile again.

This morning I check my bank account - wahoo - today is payday - right? WRONG!!

My paycheck is over $300 short. I get a print out of my check stub and there is a garnishment of $336. After a few calls, I found out this is for my ex's hospital bill from 2006.

I'm sure that I received numerous letters and papers on this but they went to our house, instead of my new address. My ex is refusing to give me my mail that the Post Office doesn't forward - so therefore I didn't receive any notification.

This is for a bill where he had surgery - he actually had insurance from his employer but he didn't follow-up with the paperwork necessary. I didn't do it for him because he was sober at that time and I was detaching and letting him have the responsibility of taking care of his own business.

Hmm looks like that didn't work out so well for me either.

Geez I'm tired - since the bill is over $10,000 - this will be an on going garnishment - I will lose close to $700 a month in income -

I understand why people give up - this is enough to be so discouraging to make you just wanna quit.

I'm just so tired of fighting - fighting a fight that I will probably never win.

Yes, I have a call in to my atty to see what we can do - but I don't imagine there is anything - once again I'm in that community property state and the divorce won't be final until the end of May.

I know we don't give advice here and don't tell people what to do - but good gravy folk - run don't frickin walk away from that addict, if he is anything like my ex - it's a poison that kills you and everything you have and it takes forever for them to go away.