Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ananda

Hi katie,

well...i know there are what appear to be reputible treatment centers that are not 12 step based...just looking on the web...maybe you could do a search and find them? I'm not that good at searches and i found them a while back when i was intersted..but don't have the info now...it wasn't hard...

and yep...i've seen treatment centers profess one thing and do another...some of them are pretty good treatment centers, but it is very irritating when they do that. I'de be looking for a refund as well. Nothin wrong with that...

I was fed up with some lies and bs within the AA groups i attended at one point...stopped going and stayed sober another 5 years (i am not a god person btw..i think you know that but in case you didnt). Now i didnt get drunk over calling a spade a spade. I didnt' get drunk because of AA. In fact I might have been fine cept i missed one little important thing about staying sober...for me it requires that i be involved with other people (preferably alchoholics, but i suspect any one would do if need be). Course it's not the same for everyone thats just how it was for me.

I have alot of struggles in my life these days..but I guess i just try to honest about where i am at with this stuff (anger, distrust, betrayal are some things that are "where i am at" at times), and try to deal in a way that is respectful of myself and others to resolve what i can, and look for away to find a path that works for me insobriety. I still can get terribly angry and hurt and all that stuff over what i see others do especially when it impacts me! And i have to allow myself to admit to and be ok with those feelings and i ahve to respect myself enough to say what i need to say and do what i need to do in the situation. Then i move on to what will get me on the path i need to be on....but it's a process and even knowing the process i can't make it happen any faster than it happens.

Just my thoughts that came to mind reading this thread and about your situation.

Sorry you got rooked on this facility...yeah...even bad therapist actually helped me..kinda funny trying to not let them mess me up worse helped me to see that i knew more about the path i needed to take and how to do it then i had given myself credit for.