View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jan123

Sounds like he is basically NOT doing his drug of choice. Ever notice when they are high, they are full of themselves, big talk, constant talk, rattling on about this that and everything? I don't know anything about meth, but crack does all of the above mentioned.

How sad that we ended up even having to ask these questions. Please don't get me wrong, I am with you in finding the answers and this is the best place to be. Here among friends. I am speaking generally, just in how sad it is that drugs have hurt so many people when all we wanted to do was to love them and have a good life together.

I am so lucky that I work with about 150 males in my firm. Working with these non-addicts truly helped me change my perspective on what I was going home to. When I would ask them (a few of them, not the whole 150) what are you doing this weekend, well it was all so normal and so lovely. When I was living with my addict and my coworkers asked me what I was doing on the weekend, I just hung my head in shame. Not much, especially if he had a pay day. Sitting at home, playing the detective.

I have a hard heart now, so if he can't sleep, isn't motivated, doesn't want to get busy, enjoy life, so be it. I can and will do all of it. I made the mistake of caring way to much about him, and way to little about my happiness.

Hugs for you!

Jan