View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CatsnDogs4Me

Kimmieh,
Good for you - taking care of yourself & pushing back on the guilty feelings. I had a somewhat similar experience myself today & working on pushing back the guilt, too. At least we both now realize we don't need it! For me, it was saying "no" to a somewhat last minute invitation. A friend called me on Tuesday evening & invited me to a hockey game tonight. I said I was interested, and he said he'd call back with the details. Well, no word from him until 4:30 this afternoon (the game is at 7:30.) I had decided by 3:00 PM if I hadn't heard from him that I wasn't going to count on it & mentally had decided I wanted to go to the gym tonight. So, when he called at 4:30, still with sketchy plans of how/where to meet, I said, "Sorry, when I didn't hear back from you, I wasn't sure what was going on, so I made other plans for tonight. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon." It was so hard for me to say "no" - my heart was literally racing - but it felt so good afterward. And, I'm proud for both you & me in standing up for ourselves!