Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WantsOut
Becoming a Butterfly

Literally quaking - his creditors are calling me

So it's been a while since I was here, but things have been very good with me. I'm just humming along, putting away a little fund to help keep me safe in these turbulent times, making lots of new friends and finding new activities. I'm really feeling good.

I hadn't spoken to exAH in ages. He kept writing me harassing, late-night emails, a sure sign of a relapse, and I ignored him. Then he let me know he was filing for bankruptcy. I got a letter at the house that was clearly from a credit card company. I wrote "return to sender - moved 3 years ago" on it and sent it back. Fine. But I just got a call from a credit card company looking for him. They were nice enough, considering, and said they'd leave me alone and I wasn't involved, but I'm still quaking.

I am terrified of financial trouble and that's why I work so hard to be safe. To even have it near me makes me feel seasick and nervous. Do I need to tell him what happened? I could just email him but actually I should call him and talk to him briefly cause believe it or not I think he's less likely to start bothering me again if I call cause that's not his harassment medium, if you get me.

Ugh. I sent him off with perfect credit, hardly any debt, and he was making a six figure salary. How could this happen? It's unbelieveable.

Thanks for reading.