View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Gosh this is a MASTERCLASS of guilt and manipulation, I may ask your ex to write to my credit card companies for me.

If I had got this letter I might decode it in this way:

Originally Posted by sosickofcycle View Post

I miss you more than I guess you know.

I didn’t sleep with her cuz I told her I simply couldn’t.

You have been my woman for so long I couldn’t do it. Its weird.

Its one of the things that broke us apart this last weekend.

Its weird and hard for me and she doesn’t understand…which I don’t expect her too.

code for: I can and am having other women. They love me and want me and accept me just as I am, I am having to fight them off: see what you are missing? There's nothing wrong with me, must be you then huh?

I will end this with, I loved you more than life itself, as the man of the family I always did my best to do my job which was to provide. Im sorry I wasn’t emotionally available enough for you

I thought and dreamt that we would grow old together on our Island home between the other homes we bought together.…

code for: I absolutely did more than any man could be asked to do, but that wasn't enough for YOU was it, YOU are too needy.
I am "sorry" that you wanted more. (I am not sorry for anything I did or didn't do).

So much for dreams and love.

Please relish in the fact that you have taken the breath

Out of my reason for being.
you've ruined this wonderful marriage not me

what's more it's not only the marriage you've ruined, its my WHOLE LIFE TOO
none of it is my fault, plus you are a b**** who will laugh about all of this.

Just my (probably way too cynical) take on it, plus a few of the personal hooks that trigger me would be the "I'm very complex" bit (she doesn't understand but I don't expect her too).
and the whole "star-crossed lovers, meant to be together but forces of nature pull us apart" theme that weaves throughout the letter.

he gets to the very edge of sh**ing someone else, TELLS YOU about that and uses it as an example of the misery he is suffering because of you....

brilliant.
What are your triggers/hooks in this note?

I don't react well to this sort of thing though, and love poetry: I've never "got" that either.