View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wuzzled

Thanks everyone for your responses, they are helpful.

Boundaries, it's like I know in my head what the boundaries are, (and should be) but I'm not sure if my heart gets it. I am working on this. I have to make sure I can carry out the consequences if he steps over the boundaries, and I am not sure I'm there yet. I am attending Al-Anon, and reading daily. Looking for that COURAGE, I am making progress, just baby steps.

He does help out some, he takes out the trash (do have to remind sometimes), he takes daughter to school every morning and picks her up at dance class. He goes grocery shopping with me every week, and keeps gas in my car. He says when the weather warms up, he will be working in the yard, so we'll see how that goes.

I was reading another post about expectations after rehab, and know that I shouldn't have any to avoid disappointment. It's really hard not to have expectations.

One of the agreements made before he left inpatient treatment was, that if I asked him to take a drug test, he would. Next time I feel like he may be using, I will ask him to take the test.